If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I loved to work in solitude - M. Robbins

I loved to work in solitude
amidst my flowerbeds,
but Boots and Dolly, my two cats,
thought I was there for fun.

Had I found some weeds
near my iris bed?
Well, that was great to Dolly's mind -
"A neat new place to sleep!"

Had I dug a hole
for gladiola bulbs?
Then work must stop for Boot's white paws
had found a place to play.

I couldn't use the hoe,
Boots' tail was just too near; 
and if I had wanted to pull some moss,
Dolly would have stalked my hands.

That's the way I used to work
in lovely solitude;
but Boots and Dolly are no more -
and now I just work and cry!  
     M. Robbins



No comments:

Post a Comment